We're hungry for fall! Welcome the season and get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game of the month, Hungry Wolf.
Who: Grades kindergarten to 2
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Small playground
- Create a square or rectangular boundary using cones
How to Play:
- Instruct students to form a line. They are the bunnies and the facilitator is the wolf. The goal is for the bunnies to avoid being tagged by the wolf.
- To start, the facilitator says, “Hungry wolf, hungry wolf what time is it?” Whatever time the wolf says is the number of steps the bunnies take toward the wolf. For example: six o’clock = six steps.
- If the wolf says, "It’s dinnertime," the bunnies must run back to the start line without getting tagged by the wolf.
- If tagged, the bunny becomes a wolf and helps tag the others
- Make sure students tag lightly with two fingers.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
MEDIUM: Hop on two feet.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: